Statement earrings aren’t usually my thing. For one, they’re often heavy and I really don’t like the feeling of my earlobes being stretched for 8-9 hours while I’m at school. My other problem with some statement earrings is that many of them are too long for my neck (which, to be honest, may be because I have a too-short neck…lots of times I think turtlenecks are too “tall” for me….). So most of the time I wear short or medium-sized earrings or studs.
They’re the Ibiza earring in gold and hot coral and they’re by Wilde. I really like them because they’re lightweight and the length almost-but-not-quite brushes my shoulders. They’re also not stiff or scratchy, and the tassels are soft if I ever do tilt my head enough to make them touch my neck or shoulders.
Earrings like this can certainly be worn with dresses or dressier looks, but I love that they also have the potential to dress up an everyday casual outfit. Check out how they pop against this fairly monochromatic blue outfit.
Shop This Look:
- Gap Softspun Sweater/Pullover: No longer available, but they have an even cuter flutter sleeve Softspun top in this same color. It’s $44.95, but Gap is always having good sales so you can probably get it for less than that.
- Mavi Alexa Mid Rise Skinny Ankle Jeans: Amazon, $75-$100, depending on size
- Sorel Lolla Ankle Boots: Amazon (via Sorel), $112
- Wilde Ibiza Earrings: Request them at Rocksbox (get a free month with promo code EVERYDAYJENXOXO)
- Scarf: From Target awhile back; check here for similar ones mostly in the $13.99 – $16.99 range
This look was dressy enough to wear to teach and just about as comfortable as it gets. You don’t find that combination too often! It’s my favorite combination, by the way.
Best of all, I could even wear this on a rainy or snowy day because these Sorel boots are made to handle that kind of stuff. Don’t think I was made to handle that kind of stuff: you can give me a sunny, warm beach any day.