Rainbow stripes and colors have been a thing for about a year now, but they’re really picking up steam as we transition from spring into summer. My only rainbow stripe piece is this multi stripe Gap sweater below (a great “accent” piece in its own right), but I’m seeing so many cute rainbow items lately.
I’m on a strict “kid going to college in the fall” type budget right now, but it’s still fun to look. If I were buying, these pieces from some of my favorite stores and boutiques would be at the top of my list.
Speaking of the Gap, they have a great rainbow stripe swimsuits. They’re almost sold out, but snag one if you can because they’re currently on sale (the one-piece is $39.99, down from $69, and the bikini is on sale, too).
Very Jane is a flash sale site with some of the cutest, trendiest, and best-priced items around. If you check there often, you’ll see a variety of rainbow stripe items like these:
- Candy Stripes One-Piece Swimsuit, $26.99
- Chiffon Summer Stripe Top, $19.99
- Striped Sneakers, $21.99
I’ve never actually been to a Madewell store, but I love the styles and pieces that I see online. They’re not the most budget-friendly, but they are spot on-trend.
- Rainbow Stripe Midi Skirt, $95 – There is even a tie-front button down top and a button-front tank top in this exact same print! Love the muted, summery stripes.
- xTavik Lucca Cover-Up Dress, $85 – This is selling fast! I can see why. It’s gorgeous!
Like with Madewell, I’ve never been to a physical store, but I looooove their style. I found several cute pairs of “trousers” (imagine a charming British accent when you read that word) in rainbow stripe prints.
- Rainbow Striped Jumpsuit, $55
Always nice to have a few Amazon options when you need it QUICK! 😀
- Rainbow Maxi Dress, $27.99
J.Crew Factory is one of my favorite sources for classic, yet on-trend pieces at great prices.
- Mixed Stripe Linen-Cotton Sidewalk Skirt, $29.85 (down from $69!!)
- Multi-Stripe Sweater, $44.50 (down from $59.50!)
- Striped Off-the-Shoulder Dress, $39.50 (down from $79.50!)
Then I found a few other cute options from a variety of stores.
- Fiesta Tassel Tee, $34.99 – from Mindy Mae’s Market, one of the cutest online boutiques around, and is available in white or black. Perfect for summer!
- Lightweight Printed Scarf in Multi Stripe, $9.97 – from Old Navy and perfect for tying around your neck, on your cute straw bag, or anywhere you need a pop of color!
And as you’ve probably seen in stores and on The Gram, you can find tons of rainbow striped earrings, bags, tassels, and even multicolor shoes. There are a lot of multicolor stripe tees right now, and on and on.
If you’re a Stitch Fixer, why not ask your stylist for a Fix with some rainbow stripe pieces? In my last Fix I received this cute multicolor stripe bag, which would be an easy way to dip a toe into this trend. New to Stitch Fix? Just complete your style questionnaire and get started (it’s FUN!).
And I will leave you with one more fun rainbow stripe item: a rainbow poop emoji! For whatever reason, my 9-year-old son presented me with this beautiful picture last week. (Spelling is the least of my concerns…..LOL!) Guess he’s all about those rainbow stripes right now, too. 😀
Have you tried this trend yet?
NOTE: This post contains affiliate links. Clicking on these links may result in my earning a small commission or referral fee at no cost to you. As always all opinions expressed here are 100% my own.