Joggers can be tricky. Especially for those of us who are a little more pear-shaped. They’re supposed to look drapey, comfy, and effortless, but if you are a little thicker on the south side of the equator (and have short legs to boot), many joggers can be a little unflattering. I’ve been searching for a flattering pair of joggers for over a year now with no luck, but the search is over: meet the Lou & Grey Cosmic Joggers.
Shop This Look:
Note: Shopping via the links on this page may result in my earning a small commission or referral fee. As always, all opinions expressed here are 100% my own!
Here’s why they work for my shape:
- The drawstring waist doesn’t have as many bunches and gathers as some — this makes your waist look smaller rather than bulgy.
- The material is drapey, but not baggy, so they don’t get stretched out and droop around the knees or sag behind your seat.
- The material is slightly stretchy, but not clingy. Because of this, the material slides over your legs rather than encasing them like sausages, and it doesn’t cling to your behind.
- They have patch pockets, not pockets on the inside, so there is no extra fabric bulged near the hip/thigh area.
The material is almost silky, but it’s not as shiny and a little thicker. I do notice that it wrinkles VERY easily, so you’ll want to hang them up to store them. However, the wrinkles fall out after wearing them for a little while, so you’re not stuck with the wrinkles the entire day. I haven’t washed them yet, so I am really, really hoping they come out looking like new and there is no shrinkage or discoloration. Fingers crossed! They also come in a dark charcoal gray.
The only downside for me is that they’re a bit too long for my short legs. I wish they came in a “short” or petite length. I rolled them up once to get them where I wanted them. Guess I could always get them hemmed.
Other Loft Goodies
Textured Pocket Drawstring Skirt
This skirt has pockets. I probably don’t need to say any more than that, but there actually is more. The material has the comfort and feel of sweatpants, but it’s got a slight horizontal texture in it. The addition of this texture means that you can style the skirt really casually as I did here, or you can dress it up with a blouse or blazer and heels to take it to work or a night out. Trust me, you need this.
Shop This Look:
Striped Side Tie Tee
Okay, that’s not me wearing it, but I also bought this side tie tee. It’s a white and light gray spacedye style stripe, and it’s really lightweight and breezy. I love that although it has a tie waist, it doesn’t ride up and become a crop top once you tie it. The length is perfect and it looks great with either shorts, jeans, or a skirt and heels. Another super-versatile piece you can find at the Loft right now.
Shop This Look
- Striped side tie tee
- White denim raw hem shorts
- Vionic snake print sandals (SO comfy!!! I wore these to Universal Orlando for 3 days straight!)
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Shopping via these links may result in my earning a small commission or referral fee. As always, all opinions expressed here are 100% my own.