Easy mix and match teacher outfit combos featuring blazers
A good blazer can be a teacher’s best friend. Blazers can be layered over just about anything, from dressy pants to jeans to joggers. Plus, they can also be removed in unpredictable classroom environments when one minute it’s freezing and the next minute it’s a sauna. Today I’m sharing simple blazer teacher outfits featuring three blazer styles that I find myself going back to time and time again. But first, here are a few general tips for styling blazers.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Shopping via these links means I man earn a small commission at no cost to you. As always, all opinions expressed here are my own, and I only share products and brands that I love and think you will, too.
Tips for Styling Plaid Blazers
- Push or roll up the sleeves for a more casual look.
- Wear sneakers for a more casual look, or ankle boots, flats, sandals, or heels when dressing it up. A contrasting colored shoe usually looks good!
- For plaid blazers, a plain white or solid colored tee is a little bit more dressy.
- When pairing plaid blazers with graphic tees, make sure the graphic tee isn’t too “busy,” and that the colors look good with the colors in the plaid.
- Since knit blazers are usually solid, add interest with a print, graphic, or textured top.
- Print ants can be fun with a solid blazer, as long as the colors look okay together.
- Keep jewelry and accessories simple.
- For a pop of color or print, consider adding a fun belt or a short neck scarf.
- Experiment with unexpected blazer pairings like joggers, leggings, jumpsuits, floral skirts, and dresses.
Plaid Blazer Teacher Outfits
Plaid blazers have that good ‘ole academic vibe. They’re nerdy, but cool (know what I mean?). They’re also less dressy than solid blazers, so they’re the perfect way to make jeans and sneakers look more professional. I’ve even worn a (longer) plaid blazer with leggings. Here are a few of my favorite plaid blazer looks. Click each look to shop the exact (or similar) items.
Knit Blazer Teacher Outfits
Another blazer style I love is the knit blazer. There are “sweater” blazers and more jersey-type blazers, but they’re all really comfy. Best of all, knit blazers stretch. This means they’re perfect for teachers like me who “teaches with your arms,” or anyone who has to move around a lot during the day! Here are a few of my favorite teacher outfits featuring knit blazers.
Special Blazer Teacher Outfits
Unique blazers can bring a touch of fun! By unique blazers, I mean unusual colors (think hot pink or white), prints (floral, leopard, or stripes), and materials (velvet, sequins, fur, etc.). This school year I got a dark green velvet blazer. As it turns out, I wear it a lot. Not only that, but I’ve gotten lots of compliments on it! An unexpected blazer can take your teacher outfit to the next level! Here’s a tip: when wearing a unique blazer, let the blazer take center stage. Pair it with a solid top or simple graphic tee.
Rock those blazers!
Which of those looks was your favorite? One or two well fitting, comfortable blazers can make all the difference in a teacher’s wardrobe. And, you can wear a single blazer with so many different tops and bottoms: the possibilities are endless. Happy layering, teacher friends!
Want more teacher outfit ideas? Check out these posts: