LOFT Loves Teachers + Teachers Love LOFT
Time to head back to school again! Whether you’re a brand new teacher or a battle-tested veteran like myself, it’s always fun to freshen up your teacher wardrobe as you prep for the new school year. In the same way a new pair of workout leggings can inspire you to get into the gym, putting together a new teacher outfit is one small way to infuse a little excitement into back-to-school season. Whether you’re looking for trendy new items or classic basics, you are going to want to check out LOFT. They are known by teachers far and wide as the destination for affordable quality pieces that are perfect for teachers’ on- and off-duty lifestyles.
And the hashtag #loftlovesteachers isn’t just marketing. LOFT offers teachers a 15% discount (use your school/district issued email address to sign up), and they support teachers through DonorsChoose. During August 2021, They are collecting money in stores now through September 13, 2021, and they will match up to $50,000 in donations.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Shopping via these links means I may earn a small commission at absolutely no cost to you. As always, all opinions expressed here are 100% my own, and I only share products and brands that I love and think you will, too. Thank you so much for supporting my small business.
Teacher Closet Staples to Wear All Year Long
Today I’m sharing 8 stylish, teacher friendly items at LOFT and how I will be mixing them into my wardrobe now and throughout the school year. For my back-to-school picks, I stuck with colors that can be mixed and matched with each other as well as with the rest of my clothes. You’ll notice lots of neutrals with a few pops of color. For reference, I am 5’5″ and typically a size M/8.
The 8 LOFT Items:
- Striped Ribbed Midi Dress – Perfect alone or layered! I got my typical size M, but could have sized down.
- Flecked V-Neck Pocket Cardi – True to size: wear it with EVERYTHING (great for taming overzealous air conditioning and winter drafts).
- Spacedye V-Neck Cardi – More of a cropped look; size up for a roomier (or a bit longer) fit.
- Spacedye Sweater Tank – Also slightly cropped; true to size. Great alone or with the matching cardigan as a twinset.
- Curvy Midrise Straight Crop Jeans – True to size or slightly roomy. They hit at my ankles, but I rolled them for a bit more of a cropped length.
- Lou + Grey Wafflestitch Henley Top – True to size or slightly roomy. Suuuuuper soft, as you would expect from Lou + Grey. Can be dressed up or down just like the matching pants.
- Lou + Grey Wafflestitch Wide Leg Pants – True to size, and nice and drapey. You could dress these up with heels, run errands with some kicks, or lounge around the house. I haven’t worn wide leg pants for years, so these feel fresh.
- Denim Trucker Jacket – Fits a little small on me (not much stretch). They also have some “oversized” denim jackets, which are trending now, on the website.
16 Mix + Match Teacher Outfits
Here’s how I styled these cute pieces! This dress would also be cute with a blazer or kimono. You can wear it to the beach over a suit or dress it up for Back-to-School night! It also comes in solid olive, and it’s sooooo soft and comfy.
Remember those sweater sets from back in the 90s? They’re back! Twinsets have a classy Audrey Hepburn type vibe, and I love that you can wear the pieces as a set or individually. They’re great with jeans, a skirt, or shorts in the summer!
I’ve been all about the joggers this past year, so these wide leg lounge waffle knit lounge pants feel fresh and different. You really could wear these anywhere!
Finding jeans that fit well and are comfortable can be a struggle. The LOFT “Curvy” jeans have a little extra room in the hips and thighs, so they don’t gap around the waist like a lot of jeans do. These aren’t distressed, so they’ll be great for school as well as weekends.
You really can’t go wrong with LOFT. They get new arrivals frequently, they have great sales (as I type this they currently have a promo code for 60% off!), and their clothes are very well suited to the classroom and to real life. Teachers, good luck with the new school year!
For more ideas for cute, comfy teacher outfits, check out @everydayteacherstyle on Instagram or these other posts: